With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching I thought I’d share my Lemon Cheesecake Tarts.💞 Made with an oat, coconut and almond crust, and a gorgeously creamy cheesecake filling. It’s such a sweet and heavenly combo. Plus, you can freeze these cheesecakes and pull them out as individual sweet treats whenever you like. Get the recipe below, and on the blog. Happy Hump Day beauties!😘✌️ #twospoons
1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1/4 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup almond flour (ground blanched almonds)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut oil
3 tbsp agave
3/4 cup raw cashews soaked overnight, strained
1/4 can coconut milk
8 tsp agave
2 tbsp coconut yogurt
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a food processor add oats, pulse until it’s a flour-like substance. Then add shredded coconut, almond flour, cinnamon and salt. Melt coconut oil in saucepan on medium-high heat, add agave and stir to combine. Pour liquid mixture into food processor and blend until combined, and mixture is a dough-like substance.
2. Create tart shells by pressing the dough mixture into the bottom of the tart pans and up the sides (1/2 cm thick). (I used five, 4-inch tart pans with removable bottoms).
3. Preheat oven to 350F/175C and bake crust for 8-10 minutes, or until golden in colour. Let cool.
4. In a blender add your soaked cashews (strained), coconut milk, agave, coconut yogurt, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend to combine.
Pour filling into the centre of each tart. Gently tap tart against work surface to release any air bubbles. Place in freezer for approx. 1 hour, or until solid.
5. When ready to eat, remove tarts from freezer and let thaw 15-20 mins before slicing. Optional to top with your favourite fruits (I used blueberries and sliced kiwi).