What to make with your holiday leftovers? Bangers and Mash!🌱💪 Featuring cauliflower mashed potatoes drizzled in onion gravy and @lightlifefoods Plant-Based Breakfast Links (new and improved with simple ingredients). #LightlifePartner It’s absolute comfort food and protein packed. I’ve copied the recipe below.👇 Hope you’re having a wonderful holiday break! #twospoons #CleanBreak
1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
3 tablespoons 🌱 butter
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ tsp sea salt, finely ground
¼ cup chopped chives
2 tablespoons 🌱 butter
1 yellow onion, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
2 tsp white miso
2 cups vegetable stock
1 tbsp tamari
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp + ¼ tsp corn starch
1 tsp maple syrup
1 package @Lightlifefoods Plant-Based Breakfast Links
1. Mashed cauliflower: Add water to a large pot to be 2 to 3-inches high and bring to a boil. Place a steamer on top (or a large colander) and toss the cauliflower florets inside. Cover with the lid and steam for 15 mins, or until fork tender.
2. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the butter, garlic, coconut yogurt and sea salt and mash together with a potato masher or a hand blender. Sprinkle with chives and mix.
3. Onion gravy: add the vegan butter to a small skillet and bring to medium heat. Cook the onion until softened, about 10 mins. In a small mixing bowl add the miso and a splash of vegetable broth. Whisk together into a thin paste, then add the remaining broth, tamari, nutritional yeast, corn starch and maple syrup. Whisk everything together to combine.
4. Pour the brothy liquid into the skillet and bring and simmer for 5 to 10 mins, or until the gravy has thickened. Transfer to a pouring jug and wipe the skillet clean.
5. Cook the plant-based sausages until browned and lightly crispy, about 5 mins (optional to add a dollop of plant-based butter to the skillet if using a non-stick).
6. Scoop the mashed cauliflower onto plates and drizzle with the gravy. Top with plant-based sausages.