Arabic is the holy language of more than 1.5 billion people in the world who use it to worship and prayer because the Qur’an is essential to a Muslim’s spiritual existence.
Also being one of the United Nation’s six official languages and in December each year, one of UNESCO’s main organizations celebrates the Arabic language.
Given the growing need for Arabic language learning among non-native speakers and for closer cultural insight and understanding of other cultures, a comprehensive language program, which promotes the spread of Arabic and Islamic culture, was imperative. That’s one of the missions of the Saudi Electronic University Online Arabic program.
The Saudi Electronic University has developed a unique intensive language study program called Arabic Online to address these challenges. Three years after the program, the material was shifted onto the Blackboard through revision and modernization.
The Saudi Electronic University Online Arabic program was designed to make it one that provides language learning every day and everywhere in the world, promoting common principles of diversity, acceptance of others, the fostering of peace and coexistence.
- Respond to the urgent needs for a robust online learning environment in the area of Arabic to non-nativity speakers.
- A response to the increasing need for non-native speakers to learn Arabic.
- Contribute to the development of the Arabian language and improve its position and reputation as a global language and strengthen the role of service to the Arabian language of Saudi Arabia.
- Help spread the Arabic Islamic culture and actively engage with peers from other cultures in promoting cultural understanding, co-existence among different cultures and the engagement of Arab youth.
- Present Modern Standard Arabic to non-Mutters who underline the communication aspect and link it with daily use.
- Provide an immersive e-learning environment to access Arabic language learning.
Program Educational Levels
The curriculum of the Saudi Electronic University Online Arabic Program provides a comprehensive format of four language skills (listen, speak, read and write) and language elements (sound, vocabulary, and grammar).
The Saudi Electronic University Online Arabic program begins with an internship test which determines the suitable level at which students will start their journey into the language of Arabic. The Arabic alphabet and its pronunciation are introduced at the first level through high-quality images.
An examination of the concepts is underlined at the end of the unit. Then the student practices the language learned in immersive activities to talk, listen, read and write.
How To Apply for Saudi Electronic University Online Program
If you are interested in the Saudi Electronic University Online Program, you can apply through the university online application portal. The admission to the program is opened and the deadline is unknown.
We wish you all the best!