Instant Pot Dal!🧡🌱 I got this pressure cooker for Xmas and making this dal recipe was so easy and luxurious! It takes 20 mins from start to finish for flavourful, creamy and aromatic dal. I made it twice last week and we loved the leftovers. I’ve copied the recipe below,👇 and you can find it on the blog. Enjoy! And let me know if you want more Instant Pot recipes! What do you want to see? #twospoons
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 yellow onion , finely chopped
4 cloves garlic , finely chopped
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup green lentils (dry)
1 can diced tomatoes , strained (795 mL/28 fl oz)
1/3 cup coconut cream
1/2 lime , juiced
fresh cilantro for garnish, finely chopped
1. In a small bowl combine the spice mixture: curry powder, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and chili flakes. Set aside.
2. Turn the Instant Pot to “Sauté” setting and add the coconut oil, onion and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the spice mixture along with 2 tbsp water. Cook until the onions have softened. Then hit “Cancel,” and scoop out the spiced mixture.
3. Add the lentils to the Instant Pot along with 3 cups of water. Cover and seal the lid with the vent turned to sealing. Hit the “Pressure Cook” button and set it to 10 minutes. (It takes a few minutes for the Instant pot to come to pressure. Then the timer will begin countdown).
4. When the timer is complete, move the toggle to release the pressure. (It’s helpful to put a kitchen towel over top to catch the steam). Let sit for 5 minutes, then open the lid.
5. Transfer the spice mixture back into the Instant Pot along with the diced tomatoes and coconut cream. Squeeze in the lime juice Mix and mix well to combine. Serve immediately, or hit the “keep warm” button until ready to eat. Scoop into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve this Dal on it’s own, or with naan bread, or basmati rice.