Here’s one for the holidays: Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip. If you haven’t tried it yet you must! It’s easy, creamy and so cheesy. I know this year’s celebrations are going to be different for many of us; but joy, and hope, and delicious food isn’t cancelled!💚
I’ve copied the recipe for this tasty dip below. Thinking of you and I hope you’re keeping well.✌️❤️ #twospoons
1 cup raw cashews
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons coconut oil
5 oz (140g) baby spinach
1 can (400 ml/14 oz) artichoke hearts, strained and pat dry, chopped
1 ¼ cups almond milk
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons miso
¾ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 375F/190C. Add the raw cashews to a small bowl and pour boiling water over top. Let soak.
2. In a medium-sized skillet add the garlic, onion and coconut oil. Bring to medium heat and cook until softened (about 10 minutes). Then add the baby spinach and cook until wilted (about 3 minutes). Add the artichoke hearts and simmer to remove any access water (about 5 minutes).
3. Strain the cashews and add to a high-speed blender with the almond milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, miso, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add the cooked spinach and artichoke and pulse a few times for a chunky texture.
4. Transfer the mixture to a small baking dish (I used an 8 x 2 inch round dish). Cook for 20 minutes, or until the dip becomes fragrant and starts to lightly brown around the edges. Let cool slightly.
1. Slice baguette and toast on broil for 1 minute, or until golden brown, flip and toast the other side. Use the baguette slices for dipping into the spinach and artichoke dip.
*Note: This recipe uses artichoke hearts packed in water, not oil. It’s typically found in canned form. Double check the ingredient list before buying.