Happy December!! Here’s some Chewy Gluten-free Gingerbread Cookies to spread the holiday cheer.💛🎄 I woke up this morning to snow! So it seems like everything is right on schedule.❄️🥰
These cookies are perfectly spiced, moist and chewy. So classic you’d never know they’re vegan and gf. You’re gonna wanna save this to your holiday baking list. I’ve copied the recipe below,👇 and you can find them on the blog (link in profile). Happy holiday baking!😘✌️ #twospoons
Makes (16 cookies)
1 tbsp ground flax seed
2 tbsp (30 ml) water
1/2 cup (115 g) vegan butter
3/4 cup (150 g) demerara sugar, or raw cane sugar + 2 tbsp more for rolling
1/4 cup (65 g) almond butter
1/4 cup (60 ml) molasses
2 tbsp almond milk
2 cup (245 g) all purpose gluten-free flour blend
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
1. Make flax egg by combining ground flax and water. Whisk together and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350F/175C. In a large bowl, cream together the vegan butter and demerara sugar until light and fluffy. Add flax egg, almond butter, molasses and almond milk. Beat to combine.
3. In a separate bowl sift gluten-free flour blend, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, sea salt and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to wet in batches and knead dough with a wooden spoon, or your hands.
4. Line two baking trays with parchment paper. Roll dough into balls the size of a ping-pong, and gently press down to form a round disc shape. Pour 2 tbsp demerara sugar into a shallow bowl and dip the cookies top-side-up in sugar. Place on baking tray with dipped side facing up. Continue until all cookies are coated in sugar.
5. Bake cookies in oven for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and slightly cracking at the ends.