Baked a French Toast!🍞💫 Hands up if you’re a bread lover like me!🙋🏽♀️ This one’s made in collaboration with @acebakery #Sponsored.
Their Bake Your Own Demi-Baguettes are prepared fresh, then frozen and ready to be cooked. I made this simple French toast bake with mine. It’s cozy, cinnamony and so very comforting.
You can also make it using day-old baguette too, and enjoy it throughout the week! Nothing goes to waste.🙌
I’ve copied the recipe below and it’s on the blog. Link in bio for more details from ACE.👆 Happy brunching!😘✌️ #ACE #BreadLoversRiseUp #twospoons
2 ACE Bakery Demi-Baguettes (1 box, 400g)
Creamy Custard Sauce:
1 can coconut milk
1 block (14 oz) silken tofu
½ cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
2 tbsp vegan butter
2 tbsp corn starch
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1/3 sup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
2 tbsp vegan butter
¼ cup pecans, chopped
1 apple, thinly sliced (optional)
1. Bake demi-baguettes on a baking tray for 8-10 minutes at 410F. Let cool then cut into bite sized squares. Spread out onto baking tray and let “dry out” for a couple of hours. (Alternatively, you can use day-old baguette with no need for drying out).
2. In a blender, combine the coconut milk, tofu, coconut sugar, butter, corn starch, vanilla and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
3. Transfer bread bites to a large rectangular baking dish (8 x 11 inches) pour in the creamy custard and press down with your hands gently to soak everything. (Optional to cover and refrigerate overnight or continue to the next step).
4. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl combine the flour, sugar and vegan butter. Massage with your fingertips to create a crumble texture. Sprinkle in the pecans and mix again.
5. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the French toast casserole and tuck sliced apples into the nooks and crannies. Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden on top. Let cool slightly, cut into squares and serve with maple syrup.