20-min dinner inspo: Pan-Fried Tofu.🧡🌱 Cooked on a skillet until sizzling and crisp, and drizzled with a miso tamari glaze. It’s fiery and tangy, and full of umami flavour.
I make this tofu recipe all the time when I need a quick dinner with no prep. Things have been crazy busy with the cookbook manuscript deadline coming up. So simple recipes like this is what I’m turning to! I’ve copied the recipe below,👇 and find it on the blog. Happy Tuesday my lovelies! 😘✌️
1 packet extra firm tofu (12 oz/350g)
1/4 cup gluten-free tamari (or soy sauce)
3 tbsp rice vinegar (or lemon, lime, or apple cider vinegar)
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp shiro miso
1 inch ginger, peeled and grated (or 1/4 tsp dried)
1/4 tsp cayenne, plus more to taste (optional)
1/3 cup neutral oil (avocado or coconut oil)
1. Drain the tofu and wrap in a clean kitchen towel. Gently press tofu to remove the excess liquid. Do this for a few minutes until you find the tofu to be significantly drier. Slice tofu into six equal slices (about 1/2-inch thick). Gently dab tofu slices with kitchen towel to remove any more moisture.
2. In a bowl combine the tamari, rice vinegar, maple syrup, miso, grated ginger, and cayenne. Mix to combine. Set aside.
3. Add the oil to the skillet and bring to med-high heat. When the oil is hot (3 to 5 mins) carefully add the tofu slices. (Do this carefully as oil can spit). Cook each side until browned and crispy (about 4 mins per side). Use a chop stick or spatula to turn.
4. Strain the oil into a small bowl, holding back the tofu with a spatula. Bring back to medium-heat and add the sauce. Let simmer until sauce has thickened and caramelized ( 5 mins). Spoon the sauce over the tofu while simmering.
5. Serve tofu with rice and drizzle with any remaining glaze from the skillet.